Re: [IP] Hypoglycemic Unawareness - need help

Is there someone on this list that has some
"connections" in government?

Maybe we should all start contacting our elected representatives and let
them know what CGMS means to us. To me, for the most part, I would like
something to say my glucose is going too low, or going too high.

I also have low bs unawareness most of the time.
I remember testing one time, and had a glucose reading of 19, and I felt
fine! So had took glucose tabs, and tried to level my glucose levels out
over the next 2 days. If I knew it was starting to go low, I probably could
have prevented a lot of the bouncing of blood sugars if I knew something
was going on early (like turning off the pump, and getting glucose
immediately).

How much is it costing to have the paramedics or police called? How much
damage is it doing to our bodies? How much is it costing in follow up care?

> <snip>
>
 > I partied with the paramedics about 5 times in 3 months. The other 4
times> I was home alone.
</snip>