Re: [IP] Hypoglycemic Unawareness - need help

 I have the unawareness thing also. Not much fun. I wish my paramedics would use
my glucagon kit which is ion the fridge.
I live alone also.  I am fortunate enough to have neighbors willing to help.
 I do have the Health and Awareness thing from Jitterbug. They call me at 6:45,
10:00, 12 noon, 4:30, 6:15 and 9:45. It is a good system. If I don't
  respond they call my sister, my son, my sister-in-law, and my bridge partner
in that order.
 My current endo has my pump programmed to tolerate higher BGS. The idea is to
let the BGs go high for a while and that will help my awareness. I just can't
buy into it. When my BG is 200 or so and the pump says to not bolus anything, I
bolus.
 My doctor last week explained the whole thing to me and said that I was a
"stubborn man."
Cheers,
Jimmy Durr