Re: [IP] Study shows some T1's don't get complications

 If they've had diabetes for 50 years, I bet they all started on 1 shot a day,
and A1c and even glucose monitoring simply would not be available for any but
recent years. These are things that came in since I was diagnosed, and I haven't
made 50 years yet. Urine tests would be it, for the early years.
On Mar 31, 2011, at 7:26 PM, Alan Segal wrote:

> I haven't had a chance to read the whole study.
>
> Did they have any correlations to number of blood tests/day, past A1C
> levels, if patients were seeing endo, CNE, or gp?, how many injections per
> day did they start with, and average to?
>
> I would like to see those correlations.
>
> Congrats need to go to those who don't have complications (knock on wood)
>

> <snip>
>
>> The author was George King, MD, Director of Research at Joslin
>> Diabetes Center, Boston. I was in the study, and I'm very happy to be
>> on this list.
>>
>> -----
>> I saw an article yesterday and was surprised that nobody mentioned it.
>> Apparently, there was a study of 351 people with long-standing diabetes
>> (Type 1) by a certain place.  Now, if these people are referred to in
>> the article as "medalists", we don't have to think too hard to figure
>> out who is doing the study.  The bigger question is:  how many medalists
>> are on this list?  Good job!
>> Denise B.
>> .
> .

Sue Ann Bowling, Author of Homecoming (Reader Views Literary Awards Winner)
http://www.sueannbowling.com