Subject: Re: [IP] humalog vs novolog
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:40:02 -0700
Sender: email @ redacted

Sharon, I wish there were such health committees for the public
sector. I have multiple health problems and am on, as I like to say,
a veritable cornucopia of medications. Some indeed have required, and
received, physician over-rides to insurance mandates. But my endo
feels that while I've had good success with Humalog, she doesn't see
a medical reason why I can't try Novolog. She expects my A1C's to
remain excellent and my control tight. So there you have it...a
backdoor decision by insurance. Is my doc being lazy in this case? I
don't know...maybe a little. Maybe if I pushed she would engage with
the insurance folks and say I had a medical need for Humalog. I've
not pushed and she didn't offer. And after all I've heard from people
here I'm willing to give Novolog a try. I hope to have the success
many of you have had with it.

Thanks for your note.
Sally