From: Bob <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, March 2, 2009 1:16:32 PM
Subject: [IP] Grizzly Bears and Insulin . . .

I run a pump group in California and I got a question from one of our members
that was pretty interesting. Thought I would send it out and see if anyone
has
knowledge about or experience with this.

This individual is going hiking and camping in Yellowstone National Park. Her
question is, does she need to be concerned about bears smelling insulin
inside
her pump (she uses a MiniMed 722) and potentially attacking her inside a
tent.
With the Paradigm pumps there is a slight smell of insulin but is this
something
that would attract a bear? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Bob