Re: [IP] Granola bar recipes, anyone?

*Annie, I got this from dLife. It looks like it would be delicious. You
could add/subtract what you like. I would use Splenda Brown Sugar & instead
of butter or margarine, I would use the tub size of Smart Balance unsalted.
It melts fast in the microwave in a bowl w/ a paper towel covering it in
about 30 seconds (my micro).*
*Let me know if you try it & like it!!!*
*suzeeq78 & ALI*
*MM  515  4/05*

*Granola Bars with the Works*
*Source:* dLife
Ingredients: 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup bran flakes
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
3 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9 inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a bowl, put the oats, raisins, bran flakes, coconut, chocolate chips,
pecans, and baking soda, mix well.
4. In a small pot, whisk the peanut butter, brown sugar, margarine, honey,
and vanilla over medium heat until sugar dissolves, about 30 seconds.
5. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir well.
6. Press mixture into 9 inch square pan and bake until browned, about 15-20
minutes. Cool completely before cutting into 25 bars.

Do not overcook the peanut butter mixture. You can replace the raisins with
chopped dates or dried cranberries (Crasins).
Nutritional Information: Per Serving--
Calories: 97
Carbohydrates: 13g
Protein: 2g