[IP] Omnipod

RE: [IP] considering an omnipod-would like any experiencesOur 11-year-old son
has been using the Omnipod for about six months, before that it was Novolog
and Lantus injections since diagnosis in September 2006.  The no tubing thing
was a big plus since he is a very active boy and the tubing just seems like
more of a hassle.  He showers, swims, plays sports and wrestles with his
buddies.  It's never gotten knocked off due to activity.   Sleeping, he's
never complained about it getting in the way so I guess it doesn't bother him.
The best part is the automatic insertion.  You just push a few buttons and it
does it all for you, perfect every time.  The PDM is very user friendly and
walks you through everything. We had a bit of trouble at the beginning getting
them to stick, but that was solved by using Mastisol adhesive.  We've had a
few pods malfunction, but customer service immediately shipped out
replacements.  He's only had one occlusion and the alarm sounded.   We are
very pleased with our Omnipod!
Debbie