[IP] Child left to Die

This story is sooooo sad and the circumstances make it difficult to
accept.

Having said that I must present the other side of the story for balance.

As mentioned many of us have been in DKA.  The first time it happened to
me
I had only flu like symptoms and actually not that bad.  I had been at
work
as usually and felt odd and yucky, while whining to my sister she told
me you know you are diabetic why don't you just call the doctor.

After checking my ketones I went over to the emergency room at the
hospital.
Not even then when they started to, immediately work on me did I even
realize something was wrong....
Many days later the doctor was very kind and explained that I had been
about 15 minutes away from coma and they had barely been able to gain
control.

This in no way excuses the situation if the parents had ignored serious
symptoms however sometimes there is another side to the story.

Judy @ CA