[IP] Re: OmniPod Issues 45 day Trial

 As one who has been using the OmniPod for the last 2 1/2 years adn loves it I
found your review to rpesent a picture quite different from my experiences.

 The Pod delivers basals that are programmable in .05 unit increments. I know
there are a few people who require finer increments but not many.

 You can easily change basals during delivery either by changing a basal
profile, changing to a new basal profile or using a temp basal, programable in
either % or unit basis. The OmniPod offers more basal profiles that any other

 The statement regarding bubbles makes no sense to me. I find the fill syringes
easy to us and not prone to bubbles. Any minor air is bled out during autoprime,
a major advantage over any other pump type.

 If you need to remove a pod, it is very easy if you hold it with the fill hole
at the bottom to remove all but about 5 units. I don't know what happened but
try it with the hole at the bottom.

 I'm not aware of any pump that will give an occulsion alarm when injecting into
blood. It is no harder to inject into blood and since oclussion detection is
based on back perssure there is no way to detect it for any pump.

 I have use the Animas pump and I find it has a very nonintutive user interface.
I would agree that if you get use to it, changing to a straight forward well
designed user interface might be a challange.

 If you have problems with cannulas bending, I suggest that you hold the pod
against your skin when you press start. I wass taught to do that and have only
bent oen cannula in 2 1/2 years.

 Why is the delivery speed of any importance? Does it matte at all? I think not,
if anything slow delivery allows for beter mroe controlled absorbation.

 Don't throw away that Pod that had problems. Insulet will replace it with no

 Give it a chance, I think you'll love it. I do. I find all the other pumps
medical devices and the OmniPod more like an iPod. I don't even feel diabetic
wearing it.