[IP] BD Interactiv software - Vista compatible?

I installed the BD Interactiv 1.2 software on my Windows (Business) Vista,
and although it gave me a warning  message that it was ".not compatible with
your operating system." it did seem to operate correctly, with its menus
etc, just like it did on my XP computer.

However, my Vista laptop has no serial port, only USB ports, so in order to
see if I can actually upload my BD meters to the computer, I will have to
buy a USB to Serial converter cable.

So before I spend the $25 or so for this cable, I thought I would see if
anyone has successfully gotten the Interactiv SW pkg to work on Vista.

Thanks.