Re: [IP] 45 Day eval of OmniPod

 I've been on the OmniPod for almost 3 months and I couldn't be happier. I
haven't had any issues with occlusions. It's been very user friendly to me and I
would be happy to talk more about it with anyone. I haven't used another pump
prior to this, so I can't compare speeds and efficiencies...all I know is that I
haven't felt better in years!

THANK YOU for your break down of your first 24 hours on the Pod. My son Joshua,
 age 16+ is thinking of going from the Deltec to the Pod. The last thing you
was that you can only download 4 days worth of info from the PDM. Are you sure
about this statement. Our rep said that who weeks worth of info can be
downloaded. I am also a bit concerned about the incident with the bloody canula
and you not getting a warning. Makes me wonder if this system even has an
occlusion alarm capability in it. Maybe we need to wait until this system has
 been on the market for awhile and Insulet can get all the kinks out. Josh's
warranty expired almost a year ago.

Oh our rep never said anything about a 45 day trial. I guess I need to contact
her again. Josh is adamant he wants to try it before we put out any $$ on the
new system. This was good to know.

Thanks again John.

mom to Joshua