Re: [IP] 45 Day eval of OmniPod

John- a couple of comments and corrections:

See p. 57 in the manual to set the Bolus increment to 0.05 or 0.10 U.
This will give you the same incremental control of the basal rates.

I have had the occlusion alarm go off once in 3 months being on the
pod. I also have had bent cannulas that apparently slowed delivery
resulting in high BGs like you describe, but no occlusion alarm. I
seem to have solved this problem when the pod is on my arm by pinching
up slightly on the edges of the pod when the canula is inserted. That
way there is less chance of the cannula hitting the muscle wall since
I don't have as much adipose on the back of my arms.

You can change the basal rates at any time by suspending delivery,
editing the basals, then restarting delivery.

With syringe bubbles you just have to flick them out. As a final step
before filling the pod, I flick the syringe barrel so any residual
bubbles get situated up by the plunger so if they make it into the
pod, they are delivered last. Have not had any priming problems yet.

It starts counting down insulin left after the level drops below 50 U.

The pump delivers 0.05 U per click, one click every three seconds or
so or about one unit per minute- it does seem slow.