[IP] Omnipod bent cannula and occlusion problems

I've been using the Omnipod now for almost 3 months. Within the last
2-3 weeks I've been having a high rate of erratically high BGs after
changing a pod (about 1 in 3 cause me this problem) where I bolus and
bolus and my BG still ranges from 200-300. On inspection, the cannulas
are clearly bent after changing a pod, usually about halfway, or
toward the tip. Inspecting older pods since I started never showed
this problem. Yesterday I had the same problem, but this time I got my
1st occlusion alarm. When I changed it, it had a bent cannula.

I've been using the back of my arms, rotating from arm to arm and
rotating sites on the arms. I never used the arms before for MDI.
Could I have subQ or intradermal scarring after this short time?
Perhaps I am hitting the muscle fascia and bending the cannulas?
Should I always pinch up the adipose during the cannula insertion? I'm
lean, but it appears I have enough adipose on my arms. The pods are
always firmly affixed and do not move over the 3 days.

What I don't understand is even with bent cannulas they never went
into alarm, so I assume the insulin was delivered. I find no evidence
of tunneling back to the surface of the skin (no insulin smell or
evidence of liquid after a large bolus). So if the insulin is
delivered subQ, where does it go? I never had absorption problems with
MDI.

Now I'm trying a new pod on my abdomen today, in an area where I used
MDI less frequently. Now I'm erratic again, using 2x normal correction
boluses 2x more frequently and still not seeing post-breakfast coming
down.

Any suggestions out there, or similar problems solved somehow?

Mark