[IP] Ever wake up in the night with that "oh crud" feeling? And MM sets--Long

My subject should say it all, almost.  Here I am writing to IP at 1:50AM
in the morning, and here's why:
I made a new kind of pizza last night for dinner.   I used the pre-made
pizza dough you buy at Walmart, in the rolls that pop open....Carbs
weren't horrible, but with pizza, I always take at least 2 units up
front, and try to square or dual another 1.5 U  over the next 3 hours.
Well, not knowing how this new dough would act, I didn't, and for some
reason, I took 2.6u all at once...well, about an hour later, got that
weird feeling, low.  So checked bg, was 41.  Ken got me and made me
drink, 2 glasses of OJ, plus a little glass of pineapple juice.  (he
over-reacts to my lows sometimes worse than I do  :-)   )
When I went to bed 2 hours later, bg was 134, excellent for having pizza
and juice.  Wake up at 12:30 with that "oh I feel like crud" feeling,
and dieing of thirst..so checked bg, it was 474!!!!!  Dang it all, pizza
should not have hit me that hard, plus the juice, but oh well...took a
correction of 3 units, drank ice cold diet pop, have to have ice cold
something, and no bottled water in house, so had to have pop.....went
back to bed, and could not sleep.  Finally, got up, came downstairs to
check bg and sleep on couch.  Luckily, I had to go to the bathroom...I
have my sweat pants on, and keep my pump in pocket when I sleep.  Pulled
sweats down, and was not connected to my pump!!!  I looked closer, just
my pump was in pocket, no tubing attached.  (I have MM 522)  What the
heck.  Turned brighter light on, and the tubing had pulled right out of
the doomahickey at the end of the paradigm set where it connects into
the pump!  So it may not have been the pizza and juice at all, it
seems.  Now why would this pull apart like this is my next question.  It
is where the tubing goes into the cartridge, with that little piece that
turns when you lock it into the pump and rewind etc.I can see where the
tubing gets smaller as it has to go into that piece, it just plain old
pulled right out of it all together!  Talk about a defective infusion
set.  MM is getting a call in the morning about this, believe me..
Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Thanks for listening to me rattle on at 2AM.......
A tired, thirsty, and thankful I got up to piddle  Lori