Re: [IP] Re: females only

<<<I should probably have mentioned it to my PCP or CDE ages ago, but I
haven't had myn period in a year now.>>>

Liz,

I would definitely get that checked out!  And probably by an OB-GYN in
addition to your CDE/PCP.  That could signal a number of problems, ranging
from fairly minor (excessive exercise, significant weight loss or gain, or
use of birth control pills for an extended period of time can cause this) to
very severe (cancer comes to mind).  The only time in my life when my period
disappeared was when I was diagnosed with Type 1 (1 month prior and 5 months
afterwards to start up again), and I'd consider that a very severe condition
(severe ketoacidosis, lost 23 lbs off of a (then) 96 lb frame in <1
month--not good).

I'm kind of surprised your CDE or PCP hasn't asked you about that at one of
your visits--mine usually ask if I've been regular as one of the generic,
every time we meet questions, especially since PCOS (polycystic ovarian
syndrome) is very related to type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome, so most
endo's should be aware of it (yes, I realize type 1 and type 2 are different
diseases and type 1 is not linked to PCOS or metabolic syndrome, but that
doesn't mean it should be ignored)!

Best of luck!

Sarah, dx'92, pumping'00