RE: [IP] Boston - Joslin

Just to let you know the Tunnel is now open.

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Jan H.
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:35 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Boston - Joslin

> What kind of tests do they do?  How many hours or days were you at the
> clinic?  Anything good to look at in the clinic?  Joslin memorabilia?

The tests lasted just a few hours. I had a low (not realizing the 2-block
walk plus inside to the departments would eat up my BG) and they blamed me
for over bolusing. They tested my feet, took lots of blood (1 poke), height,
weight, and some others. The eye tests were pretty sensitive for me and my
dtr called them off. She said, "She's had enough for now." Bless her. They
gave me a snack after treating the low and sent us on. I think we were
mostly done anyway.

There is a children's section we would have liked to see but didn't. The
outside of the building is lined with concrete insets with the history of DM
carved in them. I'm trying to set up another PictureTrail of that but with a
change of PCs have not gotten them transferred over.

We also saw the Duck Pond, Old Ironsides, and a fabulous mall downtown. Map
out what you want to do ahead of time so you'll know what is there. We
missed a lot, but I could not stay any longer and miss a dialysis treatment.

Oh, we were in that tunnel that caved in on that lady and killed her, 3
weeks before it happened. I'm sure it is not open yet from the airport,
therefore it will take longer to scoot into town from the 'port.

Jan T-1 11/50 http://tinyurl.com/hqsk2  - http://tinyurl.com/z4j5f -
http://tinyurl.com/er5c3 including evolution of pumps .