Re: [IP] Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes.

I agree with you.  My post said that the cure is worse than the disease.

The surgery actually kills more than 1 out of 100 - that number is only for
those who die on the operating table, not those who die later of
complications from the surgery.  The doctors selling this surgery
conveniently ignore this reality.

I have had many of my doctors suggest it too.  My regular GP became very
annoying about it, so I printed research papers and other informaiton about
the dangers, wrote him a long letter, and at least now he has shut up about
it.  I'm not sure I educated him at all, but at least he no longer suggests
it as a "cure" for me.

Stacey