Re: [IP] Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes.

You've got it a bit wrong.

The surgery kills 1 out of a 100 patients who attempt it.

The complications kill another group of patients.   You can look up
the exact number if you are interested.

Those left end up with another addictive disorder that ruins their
lives in a different way.

Here's what is driving me nuts.  Every single one of my physicians
lately (except maybe my endo, which is why I like him), has suggested
one form of bariatric surgery each time I go see them.

And when I list the reasons I have already found for not doing it --
and mention that I have already seen a surgeon and was not comfortable
with my options, THEY KEEP PUSHING  IT!  ARGH!!!!!

Then they label me a noncompliant patient and go off their merry way,
not listening to why I want a different approach.

It's getting to a point where I am thinking of printing up a short
card with the conversation summed up nicely, having the nurse attach
it to the chart so I don't have to go through the song and dance
again.