Re: [IP] RE: Silhouette 13mm v 17mm

On 3/29/07, Sarah Dowdell <email @ redacted> wrote:

> <<<And what is the new set you are speaking of which is even shorter?>>>
> The new set, the Sure-T by MM, is a straight in metal set, and it's not
> really all that new.  It is the same as the Contact Detach (made by
> Unomedical), and Disetronic has the same sets as well, but called the
> Rapid-D.  The Sure-T by MM ONLY comes in the short (4mm) version, but the
> Contact comes in short and long, and I believe the Rapid-D does too, but I'm
> not 100% sure about that.  It's the same deal as the tenders, comforts, and
> silhouettes--they're all the same sets made by Unomedical, but distributed
> under different names for different companies.  (Disetronic is Rapid-D, MM
> is Sure-T, and Contact Detach is the Unomedical name for the set).
> Sarah, dx'92, pumping'00

Unomedical sells both the Contact and the Contact-D, which is
disconnectable, in the following:

Needle lenghts:  6 mm, 8 mm and 10 mm
Tubing lengths (overall):  60 cm (24 in.), 80 cm (31 in.) and 110 cm (48 in.)

Disetronic sells the Accu-Check RapidLink (non-disconnectable), the
Accu-Check Rapid-D (disconnectable) and the Disetronic Rapid-C (only
in Germany, disconnects with a C-connector like a Tender/Comfort) in
the same sizes as above and also in a 12 mm needle for the RapidLink
and the Rapid-D.  The Rapid-D and the FlexLink from Disetronic are
also available with a 30 cm (12 in.) tubing.

All of the above use a 28 Gauge metal needle, very easy, non-kinking
insertion and really quite comfortable in the right spots.  I like
using the 6 mm needle in my arm for variety.

George