RE: [IP] insulin-pumpers-digest V9 #741

At 10:55 PM 3/31/2006, you wrote:
> > I like my Autolet...does not hurt.
> > Renee~
>
> >>  Then I got
> >> my "Autolet."
>
>Yeah, but I'm talking an old-school Autolet, like the one depicted in this
>picture, but a different model:
>http://images.mooremedical.com/150x150/14359.jpg
>.

I had one of those, not sure where I got it.  I think I had a "pen"
type as well when I was first diagnosed.  A doctor in my neighborhood
was retiring and gave my mother a huge pile of lancets and I think I
got the Autolet from him.  I actually gave away several boxes of
those old lancets to someone on another list last year.

I also bought 2 of the Owen Mumford Autolet Impressions that Renee
mentioned last year and I really liked them a lot.  I lost the first
one and the second one shattered when I dropped it so I haven't
bought another.  My Softclix device also broke recently, so I went
back to using the Lifescan device that came with my meter.  It's
pretty awful and in order to get blood I have to put it in the middle
depth or higher, and it always hurts.  Also doesn't always get enough
blood.  Now I'm using the BD device even though it's a little too
long to fit in the UltraSmart case, but it's so much better than the
Lifescan one.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987