[IP] RE: Slippery Plastic on BG Meters

Also, has anyone else had problems with gripping/holding their blood glucose
meters?  I can't tell you how many times my BG meter has gone flying out of
my hand due to the slippery plastic used on them.  In fact, I just dropped
and broke my One Touch Ultra recently and had to have it replaced with a new
one.

To keep from breaking another meter, I decided to take a small piece of
velcro (the stickery part with the small plastic loops sticking up), cut it
in half and applied one small strip to each side of my meter about half inch
from the screen.  Since then I've been able to pick up my meter without
dropping it.

I've had this problem of "gripping" anything smooth or plastic for awhile -
especially on cold days, if I pick something up that is smooth plastic, it
will go flying out of my hand 9 out of 10 times.  Does anyone else have this
problem?

My husband tells me that I'm just a klutz.

RobinA

Not all who wander are lost.
J. R. R. Tolkien