[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V8 #51

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:07:06 -0800, you wrote:

>>I get them EVERY TIME.  I liken it to a hangover headache, which it IS, in a
>>way.  Nothing gets rid of it that I have found, except a nap or overnight.

Mine are generally very mild and vague.  More a generalized feeling of fatigue
and a heavy head.  Doesn't hurt, so much, just makes it hard to function.  No
energy or drive for a while. And, in contrast to the sweaty feeling during the
low, after I come back up I often feel quite chilled for a while.  hands,
especially seem uncomfortably cold.  All this can last for hours.  But i've
found that at least for me, a good strong cup of hot tea or coffee will chase
much of it away.  Only works, of course, during times of day when I can afford
 the caffeine. Not much good in the evenings, unless I want to be awake half the
night.  If i can't tolerate the caffeine, then I usually make myself a good hot
 cup of bouillon. Seems to clear my head a little, and if nothing else, the warm
cup feels good in my cold hands.