Re: [IP] I've ordered my pump

You will have many more wonderful experiences of Animas' customer service
after you get your pump. Jenny, 14, has had her Animas for 2 1/2 years.
We  have had no regrets.

Kristen Olgren wrote:

  Some of you might remember that I've been thinking for a long time about what
  pump to get.  I had narrowed it down to the Animas or the Cozmo, and was
  waiting to hopefully get a trial on the Cozmo before making up my mind.

  I got a call today from Animas offering me a free palm pilot with their
  software on it if I were to order today.  I had a hard time deciding, but
  finally decided to go ahead.  This wait on the Cozmo trial, when I first
  expressed interest sometime fairly early in January, was getting ridiculous.

  I decided to let my Deltec rep know what I had decided and why. Maybe if they
  figure out what they are doing with their slow tactics, they'll get on the
  ball and start doing a better job.  Below is a copy of the email I sent to

  My new Animas is supposed to arrive on Wednesday.

  dxd 1985, pumping since 1990

  I got a call today from Animas. They've been calling about once a month to

  see where I was on my decision making about what pump to get. I had told them
  I was trying to get a trial with a Cozmo.  They said fine, each time I told
  them that, and they called back a month later.  I would have the same answer,
  month after month.  "No, I'm still trying.  They said my doctor's office was
  going to get one and then I could try theirs."

  "They said my doctor's office should have one available, but I haven't

  heard back from them yet."

  "Instead of giving me a pump to try, they've referred me to a Logimedix

  rep, who doesn't have a demo yet, anyway."

  And that was where we were at when she called me yesterday. I shared with

  her a number of concerns that I had about the Cozmo.  It is new, so all the
  bugs aren't worked out yet.  They've made pumps before, but my impression is
  that they deal more with hospitals.  Are they prepared to deal with a number
  of individuals? Nobody but me seems to care that I've gotten no trial now for
  about four months.  I've read on the Insulin Pumper's mail list about people
  placing an order for a Cozmo and having to wait months to get it, feeling like
  no one cared whether they got one, either, or how soon.

  Today, she called again, and offered that if I ordered today, she would

  throw in a palm pilot and their software to go with it. I thought it over for
  a bit, and the more I thought, the more I thought, "The Cozmo is a maybe. But
  Animas is a sure deal."

  Had I been given a trial in a reasonable amount of time, had I had someone

  show some real interest in me as a person and in getting my business, maybe
  things would have been different.  The Cozmo has attractive features that
  NOBODY else has.  The ability to keep track of the insulin still working, the
  reminders to check blood sugar and change your site, those were big draws.
  They got me waiting as long as I did.

  But Animas cared whether I bought their product. Animas was ready and

  willing to handle my order.  And Animas has a pump with a good reputation,
  along with reputable customer service.

  You could have had my business. For a long time, I was leaning toward the

  Cozmo.  But you lost me.  I just thought you should know that this kind of
  thing is happening.  And I'm not the only one it has happened to.

        Kristen Olgren<<<