[IP] Unexpected Highs/Rapid Drops

I'm going to post this one more time, in a different way because this is just
driving me nuts!  I keep ending up with 300's showing up on my meters.  Two
different meters--makes no difference which one.  Sometimes I must admit it is
because I forgot to bolus, or munched a snack without a bolus (but then again
we're only talking one cracker, not the whole box.)

So, I check my BG and it says 300 or more, and I don't feel like it is that
high, but I go ahead and take a correction bolus. Usually this happens
pre-mealtime, so I add up the food, eat and then check again.  Usually the
darn thing has dropped between 100 and 150 points in less than an hour (quite
often a half hour.) What could be causing this?  Anyone have any