Re: [IP] extreme weather

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:32:42 -0500, Sherry Nolan wrote:

 > My understanding is that the Ultra doesn't have the same temperature
 > problems that the Fast Take did.  I have never had a temp warning with
 > Ultra.  However, I am not sure I have exposed it to the extremes like
 > have.  Although New England humidity, heat, and cold have all met my
 > :-)

I want to add that there is considerable variation among different
brands of meters as far as temperature limits are concerned. I don't
have any specs for the Fast Take, and couldn't find any temperature
specs on their web site, but the Ultra has a temperature range of
43-111F. I also use a Precision QID meter, and its temperature range is
only 64-86F. I no longer use the Profile, but it had a temperature range
of 59-95F. Once again, there is considerable variation.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000