Re: re [IP] pump and extreme weather

My understanding is that the heat can break down the volocity of the insulin
which makes it not be as potent ????   You also have to be careful in hot
tubs as it has a tendency to cause you to go low.  Atleast it does Joshua and
many others.  I can't remember the exact reason except that the heat opens
everything up vascular and allows faster absorption of the insulin in the
body.  I've been known to put Josh int he hot tub if we end up with a
stubborn hi BG.  Works like a charm!!!

mom to Joshua
dxd 8/97, IPer 12/99, now 11+