Re: [IP] pump and extreme weather

>From: cindy >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IP] pump and extreme weather >Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:28:12 -0500 > >Insulin Pumpers is made possible by
your tax deductible contributions. >Your donation of $10, $25, or more...
just $1 or $2 per month is >needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue
to serve you and the rest >of the diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail

 So far, I have never had any problems with my pump. While sledding, I
keep my pump close to my body, so my body heat will keep it warm(I read
that in a book). During the summer, I usually disconect before I head
down to the beach, since our house is close enough to the beach in case
of emergency. I have though, had a few problems with my moniter. While
I was at the pool and went to check my sugar. I had left my glucometer in
a swim bag under an umbrella out of the sun, When I turned it on, it had
this message that said "HOT" I stuck it in a cooler and a few minutes
later it was up and running.

Just curious if anyone has had problems with their pump in extreme

>While in the Bahamas, I actually placed the pump in the cooler while
laying out. > The reason I am conserned is because when I had bottles of
insulin the Dr.'s >said keep it cold. > Also when I was skiing the bld
meter's display would not work. So I was curious >for your feedback. >