Re: [IP] Pregnant...pumping...and worried

> I cannot seem to keep my BS under
> control and this is supposed to be easy the 1st trimester.  My main
> worry is does anyone know the with high BS in the 1st few weeks of
> pregnancy...and if those risks are lowered if you get your BS back to
> normal within a few hours?  Thanks for any help!

Individual high blood sugars are NOT going to harm your baby.  You are at an
increased risk for birth defects ONLY if your A1c is elevated.  If you are
occasionally having highs but are keeping your A1c below 7.0, don't let it
stress you.

All you can do is the best you can, and if the best you can do involves an
occasional high, then don't lose sleep over it.

I had two healthy children, and during both pregnancies, I struggled with
highs thanks to the pregnancy hormones.  My struggles like that, though,
began about the 20th week.  Hopefully whatever is giving you trouble now you
will figure out and will quit causing trouble soon.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990