[IP] Re: A1c and Malingering

Linda --

 For the 1st year after Joshua's diagnosis his endo time had a horrible time
with my son's meter download of his (i.e., my) testing. They couldn't figure out
why we weren't testing him upon waking. The 1st test was always around 9:30 am.

 Well, that is his waking test! I work 2nd shift so I don't go to bed until 2 or
3 am. Joshua's natural "wake-up" time is 9:30 - 10:00 am. But this was so out of
the ordinary for the endo team that they thought we just skipped breakfast &
tested at snack. It took us a lot of explaining for them to finally realize that
our schedule is completely different from the norm. We test Joshua 7+ times each
day, just not on their schedule.

 After so many high am numbers (about 6 mos. into Joshua's diabetes), they
suggested a bedtime shot of NPH rather than at dinner time. This has worked as
far as injections work.

western Massachusetts