Re: [IP] Re: A1c and Malingering

Judy, mom to Becca,

  My Josh is also 11 and has been pumping 3+ years.  We stopped writing down
the carbs in his log book a long time ago.  You ar eright, it is almost
impossible.  But what we have is a good routine of what his bolus ratios are
at what time.  We separate out his correction bolus from his food bolus.  We
know what the ratio was (well, most of the time) at certain times of the day
or which day so if I HAD to tell our endo (thank goodness he isn't into that)
what carbs he ate, we could pretty much guess.

       Don't forget , this whole disease is nothing but a guegssing game
anyway.  I have chosen to not sweat the little stuff anymore.  What happens
is going to happen, no matter how hard I try or how much I nag him or follow
him around or whatever.  Josh is really pretty good about most of his D. care
and record keeping.  He use to be TERRIBLE!!! We have our routines now and it
helps to have things figured out finally...after 3+ years.....go figure!!!

Good Luck!

mom to Joshua