[IP] Re: Hives

>But basically I am convinced that this is another auto-immune
>diabetes-related thing, and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced
>this. The hive-expert basically said as much, but said that really no
>research has been done on this. So I just want to know if I am alone on
>this, or anyone else has it.
>Sorry so long!!

I got hives about 3 months after I started pumping  I had never had them
before and I didn't even know that's what I had when I first began breaking
out.  At first I thought the rash was just related to the heat, since it
was August and it was very hot and humid here in Michigan at the time.  As
days went by and it got worse and I began swelling up, I finally went to an
Urgent Care Center and was told I had a very severe case of hives.  I had
them so bad, I itched everywhere, even the palms of my hands and soles of
my feet.  I was given a steroid medpack (which really gave me a fun time
with my bgs, but the pump really helped.)  We never did find out what
caused them and I've not had them back (knock on wood) since then and it's
been nearly 2 years.