[IP] Re - carb counting / calorie counting

Subject: Re: [IP] Update on our pumping experiences
From: len lutz <email @ redacted>

-- my mother stopped by, yesterday <snip> she DID count CALORIES (i did say
calories, not carbs),
in the 50's.... and, for the most part, today, she gets, DARN CLOSE, if
not  RIGHT ON.....

When I was dx'd 11/50 I was given an 1800 calorie diabetic diet. I watched
the clock when I put the last bite in my mouth to see how long it was before
my next meal. I was starved and that was ALL I was allowed to have. I still
have a diet list from the '60s also that was 2500 calories. This was divided
up in fats, carbs, proteins. The exchange system had come about in 1950 -
just in time for me to take advantage of that and not use the Percentage
Diet for DMers that was used prior to it. The % diet had %'s of fats, carbs,
proteins per meal. Before that was the Ladder Diet (a starvation diet). If
anyone is interested in that diet, e-mail me privately and I will send it to

In 1960 my mil said she could have calories, some people can't. lol

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy