Re: [IP] Update on our pumping experiences

At 09:03 PM 3/27/03, Len wrote:
>- -- though i agree with RoseLea's experience, and procedure, i still get
>Some times, i seem to get it right on (of course, im sure its 40% skill,
>and 60% luck) other times.... well... you all know about that.  its that
>stuff, like sauces, where you just dont know, if theyve added things like
>corn starch, arrow root, or stuff like that..
>I know, that , for the most part, prepared foods, are not the best for us,
>but, i must say, i like looking on the back of the package, and seeing xyz
>carbs per serving.... (though, some times i wonder, how they come up with
>serving sizes, fit for
>a squirrel)
>len phila pa.dxdm 1956 pmp 10/10/02 (is this great, or what ?)

Well, Len, that's a matter of opinion.  I find most serving sizes to be
fine for me (hmmmm wondering if that makes me a squirrel <vbg>), but you
being a man more than likely would want more than one serving
size.  ;o)  Just because a box says: Serving size=1/2 cup, doesn't mean you
have to eat just 1/2 cup.   Just use a bit of math and have what you like,
that's the benefit of pumping.  And, I agree that sometimes restaurant
meals are hit and miss, but again, that's another benefit of pumping, once
you know where you should be at a certain point in time after a meal, if
you're not there, you can easily correct.  We all know that most restaurant
meals are sometimes laden with unknowns such as fats and the things you
mentioned.   And, even for long-time, seasoned pumpers, this can make the
guessing more difficult.  As Sara SP always says, we can use the WAG
(email @ redacted Guess) Method for figuring boluses for restaurant meals and
correct later.  YMMV.  ;o)