Re: [IP] update on our pumping experiences...(carb counting)

Jan Hughey said:
>Carb counting didn't come along until '94.<

Just a minor FYI:
Carb counting has been around longer than since 1994.
This approach was one of the meal planning methods used in the Diabetes
Control and Complications Trial (DCCT), which ended in 1992 and report
published in 1993.

(The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group. The effect of
intense treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term
complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. N Eng J Med
I attended a program in 1993 for diabetes educators which discussed all meal
plan approaches. Experiential carb counting was my pre-conference assignment
for the week before the program.  8<)