Re: [IP] Re: Paradigm Upgrade and Battery Life

I get a low battery warning more frequently now, but that may be the
batteries that am using.

However, my batteries usually last another 2-3 days before I lose my pump
to no power. As I carry two spare batteries in my kit, I just let it run
out and then change it.

If it runs out during the night, there is an audible alarm.

I'll tell you right night, as much as I love the Paradigm, (which Ryan has
as well), the audio alarm on it's loudest setting is often not heard in my
quiet office setting, nor would it wake me up at night. However the
vibration setting would, but alas, to conserve battery power, the pump
turns off vibrate.

Waterproofing a device makes the audio alarm setting harder to increase in
volume. I do not fault Minimed for this (so no bashing today) as it is an
engineering problem all water proof pumps face.

Personally, I'd like to see the wireless functions used more, allowing for
communications with devices that can be used for readings and alarms.
Bluetooth would be nice :-)

Such as to PDA's for data input, alarms, and external recording of all data.

The list goes on and on. =)