Re: [IP] Update on our pumping experiences

Some good points there Gail.

Just wondering, does anyone follow the instructions that come with the pump??

My Paradigm came with a Traning manual that covers the tests and the
formulas that need to be calculated to help set things up correctly.

And it states that things should be as consistant as possible for the tests.

What you are trying to find out is the "resting" rates, so that you can
learn (with the education in the Traning manual) how to adjust your
basals/patterns/boluses properly.

Therefore, your daily tennis match should be continued, but note that if
you don't play on <choose a day>, that day your BGs will be higher unless
you have already created a basal pattern that increases insulin to counter
act the lack of exercise that day. Therefore you already need to know all
the rates and how insulin affects your body at different times of the day.

Not picking on you gail, but that was a great example :-)