Re: [IP] Update on our pumping experiences

You said:
I am surprised you are eating out so much just after
starting to pump!  My CDE recommended that for the
first three weeks I measure everything I ate, and not
exercise so that I could make sure my basals and
boluses were correct.

Gail responds:
I'm sure that is why we all use the Your Mileage May
(or WILL) Vary disclaimer.

If I was told not to eat out - I would starve to
death.  If I was told not to exercise during the
setting of my basals - I'd have to RESET them AGAIN
once I went back to my NORMAL life of playing tennis
AT LEAST ONCE A DAY (and during tennis "season" (when
is it NOT?) I play up to THREE TIMES in one day.

I think that as long as folks are following their
doctor's and/or CDEs directions, they'll eventually
get to where they are going.  It's good to get
positive feedback here, for sure!  I'm glad to hear
their updates of how their experience is coming along.
 It is great to watch a newbie making progress and
learning from their experiences.

My carb ratio started at 1:10.  It was wrong, of
course, but only *I* could determine that.  Probably
the same with you and every other person using carb

Isn't it interesting how all of us treat our diabetes
differently and still manage to stay healthy?  I'm
glad you are doing well.

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?