[IP] Ultra Smart Meter/Interface Cable

Can anyone who is more computer savvy than I am help me out?  My son
uses the One Touch Ultra and now we have one of the new Ultra Smart
meters.  However, my computer that is on-line uses USB port capabilities
so I cannot attach the Interface cable since that is a 9-pin.   Is there
some way to convert a 9-pin end to go into a USB port?  Any help would
be appreciated.