[IP] Paradigm and battery life

About a week and a half ago, I started using  the replacement pump that
Minimed sent me due to the E21 alarm I had on the previous pump (after
8 months problem free).

A couple of days after getting the pump, I got a low-battery message.
I just figured that the battery they put in the pump to send it to me
was already partly used.  2 hours after the low battery alarm, I got a
NO POWER alarm, so I changed the battery.  (I was concerned that it
only took 2 hours, since on my previous pump, I would go 6-7 hours
before changing the battery after a LOW without issues...and with 2
hours, if I had been asleep, my pump would have stopped delivery during
the night and I wouldn't know it 'til morning.)

Anyhow, so, a week later, and I get another LOW BATTERY alarm.  My
previous pump, I would go 3 1/2 to 4 weeks on a battery.  So, I called
Minimed.  They said that the EXPECTED life of a battery in the Paradigm
is 1-2 weeks.  I, personally, find that a bit unacceptable, especially
since MOST of the people on this list are reporting longer times.

So, my question is, for those who had to get a replacement pump to the
2.0 software, have you noticed any difference in how long a battery
lasts?  I am NOT using any of the features that would use the battery
faster, such as excessive backlight use, remote control enabled, nor
vibrate enabled.