[IP] Re: Wild pump start day

> The pump nurse said that she should not feel the site, but she says she
> can definitly feel it, but it appears that she is getting insulin ok.
> She is usung the 6mm quickset. We may have to try the sils if this one
> bothers her I guess. She is pretty thin. May not have enough fat. I could
> sure loan her some if she needs it. We hope today will be better.
> Bill And Ute French

The words were *should not* not *will not* feel the site. Some people are
pretty sensitive and feel more *stuff* than others. Someone on this list
said he didn't use any numbing cream on his dialysis access and I have to
use it -- and two hours ahead of time at that (1 hr. recommended). Another
lady at my center needs only 20 minutes. Life itself is YMMV.

Keep us posted as to your progress. Babies learn to crawl, then stand, then
walk - one step at a time. You'll soon be off and running. (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

Mama whale to her baby: When you got to the top and start to blow, that's
when you get harpooned. ~ Zig Ziglar's mama