[IP] Re: Type 2

Ryan -

 <<In other words, the way that the body is able to better store fat was a very
beneficial thing up until the industrial age. Storing fat helped a person to
survive better throughout the winter months, when food supplies were low. During
the summer months, you would "fatten up" again...not to mention activity levels
were high to prevent any extreme weight gain. >>

 This is exactly why Congress just passed the $$ to study a Native Amercian
tribe in Arizona (?), New Mexico (?). I half-watched a documentary on the tribe
while doing housework, dealing with "junior" and what ever else I was doing.
Should have sat down and watched it so I would know what the hell I'm talking

 Anyway, seems that like 3 out of 4 of this particular tribe have diabetes (Type
1 or 2). The gist was that they're genetically predisposed to store fat because
in the "hunting/gathering" days, this led to a longer life expectancy. In other
words only those with this disposition survived to pass along their genes.
"Survival of the fittest". I really wished I'd watched it with more attention.

western Massachusetts