Re: [IP] MCL Injury?

To give it in more layman terms ( from my understanding):

* The MCL is the ligament on the inside of your knee.  If you were to cup
your knee with the hand on that same side, it is on the thumb side.

* The LCL is the ligament on the outside of your knee.  If you were to cup
your knee with the hand on the same side, it is on the pinky finger side.

* The ACL is the ligament on the front of your knee.  Where your palm is if
you cupped your knee.

* The PCL is the ligament on the back of your knee.

>From what I gather most MCL and LCL injuries can be treated without surgery
because they tend to heal better on their own.  ACL and PCL injuries don't
tend to heal on their own as well and often require surgery.  My brother had
both knees operated on for ACL injuries.

I want to thank everyone who wrote to the list, and to me personally with
their experience.  I made an appointment with an orthopedic doctor next week
(first available) and I will let you know what happens.  Until then I will
keep off of it, and keep it elivated as much as possible.

-- Sherry