[IP] RE: A1C Numbers and How They Compare to Blood Sugars

Shawna [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Everything you say is true.  For simplicity, the A1c is often
> referred to as an average, even though it technically isn't.
> It's my understanding from things I've read, as well as my
> CDE and Endo, that hypos and highs will skew it though.

Skewing is also a statistical term, not a biological one.  It assumes that
extreme conditions will have greater impact than non-extreme conditions,
essentially treating the extreme as a statistical outlier.  Extreme highs
and lows will have an impact, but I just don't know if it will be the
*greater* impact implied by using the statistical term.

Jim Handsfield