[IP] Re: Scar Tissue from 3+ Sites??

 The following is a previous post from another pumper that may answer your
question. While I won't be switching to steel needles, I'm seriously thinking of
changing out my sites every 2 days instead of 3.

<Red spots or scar tissue formation are mainly dependent on two factors:

1) kind of material which is brought into the body
2) duration of the presence of this material

1) Plastic materials (soft cannulas) do promote scar tissue formation more
than do steel cannulas.
This is due to the surface constitution of this material. This is one reason
why in surgery for long-term implants usually metal or ceramic ones are
used. (High-tech plastics are also applied!) With breast implants,
encapsulation is sometimes a problem, because the body builds up a barrier
versus the plastic material.
To a smaller extend, this is also true for soft cannulas.

2) Insertion of an infusion set means a lesion to the body. A cascade of
biochemical processes is started to finally heal this injury. At day 3-5,
formation of internal scar tissue starts, if something is left in the body,
or -as for infusion sets- in the skin.

As soft sets tempt us to use them quite long and because of their material,
they promote scar tissue formation and red spots versus steel needles.
That's why I resist the temptation to use soft sets and stay very happy with
my rapid d!

<I have been reading recently about some people who experience scar tissue &/or
 raised red bumps that take time to heal from using sites longer than 3

I can't help but wonder if I should do the site changes every 2 days or....

Are there any studies on this?  Insight?>