Re: [IP] MCL Injury?

this is NOT medical advice - just my experience &

ACL & MCL injuries are fairly common here in Colorado
- typical runner & skier injuries.  The first line of
treatment is typically physical therapy to strengthen
the gluteus maximus muscles as well as the muscles
that extend behind your leg (my memory of anatomy 101
is vague).

When you visit your doctor, please verify his
knowledge of sports related injuries - even though you
didn't hurt your knee from sports participation
(unless you call it ice skating).  If he suggests
surgery first - RUN away (else, hobble).

I have yet to let anyone cut my knees open or scope
them and I still ski double blacks, bicycle up and
down hills, and run around the tennis court without
pain or discomfort or swelling - despite all my knee

-gail in denver
Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11.  pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?