[IP] MCL Injury?

Hi,

A few weeks ago my left leg slipped on some black ice while climbing into my
car.  I thought it was just a minor twist of my left knee but the symptoms
aren't getting better, and in fact seem to be getting worse.  I did some
research and it looks like I may have injured my MCL.  Thankfully it wasn't
the ACL, but it still aches like crazy when I get up from sitting, sleeping,
or put any pressure on it.

I plan on calling the doctor tomorrow to make an appointment, but has anyone
had a MCL injury?  What kind of treatment does it usually involve?  Will it
take longer to heal because I am diabetic?

Thanks,
Sherry
(who is major bummed since the weather has been beautiful this past week in
Massachusetts but this knee injury is keeping me from riding my bike)