Re: [IP] Novolog not on formulary

Hi Cheri~

As of the first of the year there was a change to my medical plan.  I was
told, and this was only because I pitched a fit about the increase in my
copay for insulin, that they told me that all disposable diabetic supplies
(test strips) would now be covered at 100%, like my infusion supplies, as
long as receiving those supplies was not in conjunction with any kind of an
office visit.

My medical insurance is through United Healthcare, our medical plan is
awesome!  I called UHC to get the names of Durable Medical suppliers that
are in network.  So now I receive all of my test strips through a place
called the Medicine Shoppe, they ship to me every 90 days.

I was also told that if I have a prescription for syringes along with my
insulin, that there is not a copay for the syringes, but is I try to fill
them separately I have a $20 copay for syringes.  I always have syringes
around as a back up.

If you have any questions, feel free to email again.