Re: [IP] developing sensitivity to insulin?

 one clinical nurse suggest taking an antihistamine,
and another suggest putting a thin layer of hydrocortisone cream over
the site before I insert.

Linda, I too had a problem with my sights starting to itch like crazy after
a couple of hours. This all happened after I had been pumping for 6 months
(2.5 years now). I tried the hydrocortisone cream and it seemed to help me
greatly so it may be an option. I also tried ice before inserting and it
helped as well. The only thing I could figure was the ice would numb the
skin and I would not feel the insertion at all but it may have been just
me. I use the Ultimates from Minimed.