Re: [IP] Re: Types of Diabetes

When I encounter someone who doesn't understand diabetes, I just explain
that it's the name of a symptom, and that there are many disease that can
cause the symptom of diabetes. It's like saying "I have a headache"... you
can have a headache because you have a brain tumor, or you can have a
headache because you have a hangover. It just means you have a particular
symptom.  It doesn't mean the two causes are the same or related.