Re: [IP] Re: Type 2 and overweight people

> I go to a semi-monthly DM
> meeting made up of T-2's and I'm usually the only T-1 there. I noticed the
> other month that there really are NO grossly overweight people there, in
> fact, many of them are very trim and to be envied!

That reminds me of an acquaintance of mine a few years ago who came up to me
and told me he had just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  I remember
looking at him and thinking, "How can he possibly have type 2 diabetes?  He
doesn't have a spare pound on him!"

I'm sure that being overweight increases the risk, but there are some rather
trim people who get the diagnosis, too.  And I'm sure that numerous type 1's
put on weight years after diagnosis, so there are probably a number of
overweight type 1's out there too.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990